Monday, November 24, 2008

Linda's Hamburger Soup....mmmmm good!



This soup recipe was given to me by my friend, Linda, who said it is a no fail winner! She is right...





1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 medium onion chopped
28 oz. can tomatoes (preferably chopped)
2 cups water
3 cans consomme (I use beef)
1 can tomato soup
4 carrots chopped or sliced
1 bay leaf
3 celery stalks chopped
parsley
1/2 tsp. thyme
ground pepper to taste
8 tbsp. barley (I used pot barley)
I took the liberty of adding a few other ingredients: 3 cloves garlic crushed, dash of worcestershire sauce, a small amount of wasabi paste and I threw in a few diced baby potatoes with the skins on!

Brown hamburger with onions. Drain. Simmer for 2 hours or in slow cooker on low for the afternoon while you put up your feet and relax....Serve with a nice thick slice of your favourite bread or a hot, fresh roll and ENJOY!!!!

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Look at you styling Shmirly. Love the photograph and hope to see more of your delicious recipes:D You go!!!!Soup is so comforting!!!

Ivy said...

Hi Schmirly. I'm Val's blog sister and I came over to meet you. Welcome to the blogging world and I am sure Val will guide you through the blogging world. The hamburger soup sounds delicious.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Hey Schmirly. I have something so deserving and waiting for you over at my blog. You can pass them along or cherish them close to your heart whatever you would like...but just know that you are both an Ispiration and a Good Buddy!!!

schmirly girly said...

Christmas is just around the corner, and I can just imagine all the wonderful smells in everyone’s kitchens!! I am looking forward to doing some mouth watering baking and this year, I am making baking as part of our gift giving. Hope you are enjoying holiday preparations. Keep warm, keep healthy and keep cooking!!!!!